2.1 VOC High Solids Compliant Clearcoat
High Solids Urethane Clear Coat with a 2 to 1 Mixing Ratio
Deep High Gloss Urethane Clear
UP2842A is a Universal, Water Clear, Ultra-High Gloss Coating, which is:
- Compliant with current 2.1 VOC legislation
- Easy to apply & has excellent flow
- Hardens rapidly to give a high build, UV resistant coating
- Easy to wet sand and buff
- Provides optimum gloss retention
- Can be reduced by up to 10%
- Can be air dried, low baked or I.R. cured.
UP2842A has been specially formulated to give the refinisher maximum flexibility. It is available with a range of 3 activators and 2 reducers, which offers three major benefits:
- Can be used for spot, panel and overall repairs.
- Can be used in the ever changing shop conditions.
- Can air-dried or force dried in down draft, cross flow booths or with infrared drying equipment.
UP2842A Clear Coat should be left a minimum of 6 hours to dry at 72ºF or if force dried at 140ºF for 30 minutes allow to cool. If UP2842A is left to dry for 12 hours the Clear Coat must be sanded before recoating. Temperature, film thickness and humidity will affect drying speeds.
Leave UP2842A to dry at least 6 hours at 72ºF before buffing. Wet sand with 1500 grit paper then buff with Optic compounds.
Use 1 full reservoir per sprayable quart, which will reduce cure time and pot-life by between 30-50%.
U-POL UP2842A is a System 20 Clearcoat that is in the S2084 Series.
Product Technical Information
- Mixing Ratio: 2:1
- Spray Tip: 1.4
- Viscosity/ sec 2# Zahn: 15-17
- Air Pressure
- HVLP at cap /psi: 8-10
- Solids % RTS: 43
- Coats: 2
- Build/mil: 1.0
- Flash Between Coats/min: 5-10
- Dust Free Time/mins: 60
- FORCE DRY
- Purge at 72ºF/mins: 15
- Dry at 140ºF/mins: 30
- AIR DRY at 72ºF/hours: 6 minimum