It is used for priming bare metal surfaces this promotes adhesion of paint and prevents steel from rusting. ACID #8 is cromate free, anti corrosive and infra red compatible. Typical applications are over rub through areas prior to painting, on new bare metal panels or over bare seams before sealant is applied.
Features & Benefits
- Promotes paint adhesion to difficult substrates such as galvanized steel & aluminum.
- Ideal for rub throughs in primer prior to application of color.
- Fast drying formulation that does not require sanding.
- Large 15 ounce (450ml) spray can.
Surface preparation and instructions for use.
ACID #8 can be applied to the following surfaces: Bare steel, Aluminum, Galvanized and Zinc coated steels, Fully cured paint, Polyester body fillers and F.R.P. Before use thoroughly clean and degrease surfaces with a suitable spirit wipe or thinner. Abrade wet or dry with 280 –320 abrasive. Re-clean,dry and degrease.
U-POL Professional Automotive Aerosols also available:
- CLEAR#1: High Gloss Clear Coat
- WELD#2: Weld Through Zinc or Copper Rich Primer
- GRIP#4: Universal Adhesion Promoter
- HIGH#5: High Build Primer (Gray, Dark Gray, Beige & White)
- ACID#8: Acid Etch Primer