2.1 VOC Medium Solids Compliant Clearcoat Kit with Slow (85 to 115ºF) Temperature Hardener
European Style Clearcoat - Ideal for hot weather or when slow drying is desired for the ultimate clearcoat flowout.
- 1 Gallon of U-POL UP2872V (2.1 VOC) Medium Solids Urethane Clearcoat
- 1 Liter of U-POL UP2372 Slow Hardener
(Makes 1-1/4 Sprayable Gallons = Aprox. 5 Liters)
Medium Solids Urethane Clear Coat with a 4 to 1 Mixing Ratio
U-POL UP2872V is a Water Clear, Ultra-High Gloss Coating, which can be used for overall and spot repairs by changing hardener speeds.
Features & Benefits:
- Medium solids two component acrylic urethane coating.
- Can be applied undiluted or reduced up to 10% with UP2481 or UP2842 VOC compliant reducer.
- Has good flow and non-sag properties.
- Hardens rapidly to give a high build U.V resistant coating.
- Has excellent gloss and long term durability.
- Can be air dried, low baked or I.R. cured.
- Can be easily polished once cured.
- Dust free in 3-5 minutes.
Step 1: Degrease with Wax and Grease Remover, UP2002, UP2012, UP2022 or UP2023, allow to dry.
Step 2: Abrade the surface Original cured paint: Wet sand P800-1000 or Dry sand P600-800 then degrease with System 20 Wax and Grease Remover, UP2002, UP2012, UP2022 or UP2023.
Step 3: Remove all dust/dirt particles with a U-POL tack rag, UP0430 or UP0431.
Step 4: Apply basecoat to the manufacturers directions.
VOC information: 2.1 lb/gallon ready to use. Ready to use solids: 33.5%
U-POL UP2872V is a System 20 Clearcoat that is in the S2037 Series.
Product Technical Information
- Mixing Ratio: 4:1
- Spray Tip: 1.3 to 1.8
- Viscosity/ sec 2# Zahn: 12-15
- Air Pressure HVLP at cap /psi: 8-10
- Solids % RTS: 43
- Coats: 2-3 wet
- Build/mil: 1.5-2.0
- Flash Between Coats/min: 5-10
- Dust Free Time/mins: 3-5
- FORCE DRY
- Purge at 72ºF/mins: 15
- Dry at 140ºF/mins: 30
- AIR DRY at 72ºF/hours: 5 to 8